Wanna be a Scholastic All-American?
Applications Start Monday June 1, 2015 and continue through August 15, 2015
The 2014-15 Applications will be found on the USA Swimming website here
The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
• Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
• Qualifying pool times for the applicant will be validated through the Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in the SWIMS times database).
• Applicant will be required to have a TRANSCRIPT for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application.
• Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2014-15 SAA team.
• Applicant must have all application documents completed by August 15, 2015. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.
• Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 10th 11th or 12th grade
• GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
• A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79; D=60-69.
◦Honors, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate courses will earn one extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, arts (visual and performing), computer sciences. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated – band, choir, health, driver education, physical education, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
◦Applicants must have swum a pool time equal to a Junior National 2011 bonus time in any event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2014 – August 15, 2015) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
• Disability or Open Water Requirements (for athletes without pool requirements)
◦Applicants must have swum at one of the named Disability meets or the National Open Water Championships.
*2014 Winter Can Am Meet – December 5-7, Edmonton, AB
*2015 Can Am Championships, March 20-22, Toronto, ON
*2015 Open Water National Championships, April 24-26, Miramar Lake, FL
Florida Swim Network